1. Make a new connection: email someone you admire.
2. Write a guest post for an online publication or blog.
3. Schedule promotional tweets for the following month.
4. Create an author Facebook page to use instead of your personal account.
5. Print new business cards. Hand them out at networking events.
6. Register for a workshop or writing conference.
7. Update the author bio on your website. Make sure it has personality.
8. Learn about SEO to make your blog posts more effective.
9. Register for Goodreads as an author.
10. Host an event at your local library.
11. Join a book club, or speak to a book club.
12. Start building an email list.
13. Update your email signature to promote your most recent work.
14. Do you frequent Twitter? Create a hashtag for your upcoming book.
15. Comment on other blogs.
16. Hold a Q&A on any social media platform.
17. Offer a free sample to readers of your website.
18. Speak at a conference related to the topic of your book.
19. Create a Pinterest board for your book.
20. Design a personal media kit.