My next Writer's Digest webinar, Chapter One: How to Engage Agents, Editors, & Readers With Your Novel's First Chapter, takes place on Thursday, October 12, 2017.
This webinar includes a live presentation (plus access to the recorded version for a year), a live Q&A session (where all questions will receive a response), and a critique of the first chapter of your manuscript (all critiques will be completed by me).
Some topics that will be covered in the webinar:
- How to engage new readers with your opening chapter
- What compels readers to continue reading… and what makes them stop
- The pros and cons of using a prologue as the opening chapter of your novel
- The cliché chapter openings to avoid
- How to fix mistakes commonly found in first chapters
- How to establish your own voice as a writer through your novel’s opening lines
- How to structure your opening chapter to balance both plot and character
- The best questions to ask while self-editing your first chapter
- How to make the best first impression of yourself and your manuscript
- What agents and editors are looking to find in your first chapter
- Why having a great opening chapter is so important in today’s publishing industry
For more information about registration (including the official description, guidelines, and pricing), click below to visit the webinar’s page on Writer’s Digest.