My Writer’s Digest webinar The Picture Book Puzzle: Writing, Revising, and Querying Your Picture Book Manuscript returns on August 17th!
The Picture Book Puzzle: Writing, Revising, and Querying Your Picture Book Manuscript includes a live presentation (plus access to the recorded version for a year), a Q&A session (where all questions will receive a response), and a critique of your query letter and picture book manuscript (all critiques will be completed by me).
What can you learn from bestselling picture books? What picture book writing strategies can you implement to better your story? How can you effectively pitch your picture book manuscript to literary agents?
The Picture Book Puzzle covers all these topics, providing you with information that will help take you from concept to first draft, and from final manuscript to pitching.
What you'll learn:
- The common elements and proper formatting of a picture book
- What the picture book market looks like in today's publishing industry
- What readers and buyers are looking for in a picture book
- How to improve your own writing by looking at bestselling picture books
- How to turn your picture book idea into a marketable concept
- How creative word choice and word placement elevates your picture book
- The importance of engaging and diverse picture book characters
- Ways to integrate a full narrative arc into very few words
- How illustrations and text work together in picture books
- What a query letter is and why you want a literary agent
- How to write a successful query letter for your picture book
- The best resources to bookmark as you continue writing, revising, and pitching
For more information about registration (including the official description, guidelines, and pricing), visit the webinar’s page on Writer’s Digest: Writing, Revising, and Pitching Your Picture Book Manuscript.