The P.S. Literary query inbox is shared amongst all agents: Curtis Russell, Carly Watters, Maria Vicente, Eric Smith, and Kurestin Armada. You should address your query letter to the attention of the agent you feel is the best match for your work. (Please note that Carly Watters is currently closed to submissions.)
Please limit your submission to just a query letter that consists of the following:
- Introduction: Include the title and category of your work (i.e. fiction or nonfiction and topic), and estimated word count and a brief, general introduction.
- Brief overview (or pitch): This should read similar to back-cover copy on published books.
- Writer's bio: Tell us a little bit about yourself and your background (previous publications, awards and affiliations, etc.)
Queries should be directed to email@example.com. We only accept submissions via email. We do not accept or respond to phone, paper, or social media queries.
- Do not send attachments. Please use text within the body of your e-mail.
- Please do not submit a full-length manuscript/proposal unless requested.
- Always let us know if your manuscript/proposal is currently under consideration by other agents/publishers.
- Please do not query multiple agents at the agency simultaneously—if you don't receive a response to your query within 4–6 weeks it means a no from the agency.
+ If you need additional help with writing your query letter, please check my resources section for querying-related articles.